- Nov 02 - 04 2021
37th Annual AUHF Conference: A New World for Affordable Housing in Africa
Every year, the African Union for Housing Finance (AUHF) holds a Housing Finance Conference in conjunction with its Annual General Meeting (AGM). The conference is the only established event known to connect international, African and regional stakeholders to Africa’s fast evolving affordable housing sector. This year, the 37th annual AUHF will connect in-person local stakeholders in Kigali with a live international virtual audience from 02-04 November 2021.
As countries across the African continent start to emerge from the Covid-19 pandemic, we are confronted by the sobering reality that we need to do things differently. While twenty months of staying at home have brought the quality of households’ living circumstances into sharp focus, we are also having to face the fact that our economies are constrained and our capacity to deliver is diminished. Quality, affordable housing becomes even more important in a post-Covid world. But we have reached a new frontier: we need to do much more, with much less. This year’s AUHF Conference explores the new frontier by exploring the following key points:
- What are the new priorities and new thresholds that frame the affordable housing opportunity in Africa?
- What new technologies are being brought to the table?
- Who are the new suppliers and what are the new partnerships that are being formed?
- What new investments are shaping the affordable housing sector in Africa?
- And to maximise on all of these opportunities, what new skills does the sector need?
The AUHF is seeking sponsorship support to deliver this conference. Sponsors will be recognised as key contributors to the AUHF’s mission of developing active housing finance markets across the world.
Click here for more details regarding the event, benefits to sponsors, and a proposed package for support.