NMB Bank Limited
To be the leading financial services group in our chosen markets.
To provide premium financial services to existing and potential high net worth individuals, businesses and uniquely branded technology enabled products to SMEs and the broader market.
NMBZ is a Zimbabwean based investment holding company whose principal subsidiary is NMB Bank Limited. Its other subsidiary is Stewart Holdings (Private) Limited, an equities holding company. The group has a dual listing on the Zimbabwean Stock Exchange and the London Stock Exchange. NMB Bank Limited (Formerly National Merchant Bank of Zimbabwe Limited) was established in October 1992 by a group of Zimbabwean entrepreneurs who had previously held senior positions in renowned international financial institutions such as the World Bank and the International Finance Corporation. The impetus for the creation of NMB Bank came from the liberation of the Zimbabwean economy and financial sector in the 1990s.
NMB Bank was registered as an accepting house under the Banking Act in May 1993. Continued growth created the opportunity for a public flotation of the Group, and in early 1997, the NMBZ Group was listed successfully on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange and simultaneously admitted to the Official List of the London Stock Exchange. The public offer was 4.5 and 2 times oversubscribed in Zimbabwe and London respectively, and it enhanced substantially the Bank’s capacity to write large business transactions. On 6 December 1999, NMB Bank was granted a commercial banking licence. This enhanced funding capacity as well as improving product offerings. The commercial bank opened its doors to the public in July 2000.
Products & Services offered
Personal banking services, Treasury, Corporate Banking, Agri business, International banking, Advisory services, Bancassurance and Mortgages.
ICSAZ Excellence in Corporate Governance Awards 2015 Banking Institutions category:
- Best Banking Governance Practices Award
- Best Banking Risk Management Practices Award
- Overall Best Banking Corporate Governance Practices Award
- 2nd Best Banking Internal Audit Disclosures Award and
- 2nd Shareholder Treatment Award for Zimbabwe Stock Exchange listed companies.
ICSAZ Excellence in Corporate Governance Awards 2014. Banking Institutions category:
- Third prize in best Governance practice
- Second Prize in best Risk Management
- First Prize in best Internal Audit disclosures
- Second Prize in overall best Governed Banking Institution
- Financial Institution of the Year 2015 sponsored by Ernst & Young.
- The sponsor’s certificate for the Retailer of the year 2014
- The best bank supporting SME’s in 2014
- First Runner up Certificate for being the Financial Institution of the Year 2014 sponsored by Ernst & Young.
Financial Times Banker Magazine:
- Best Bank in Zimbabwe 2001 and 2002
- Best Bank in Zimbabwe 1998 and 1999
- The bank’s main shareholders are African Century (United Kingdom), Old Mutual, AfricInvest (Tunisia), FMO (Netherlands) and Norfund (Norway).
Visit NMB Bank Limited’s website